Once you’re engaged and ready to start planning your wedding, it is wise to come up with a timeline and checklist of all of the things you need to have ready for your big day.
- Set a Wedding Date
- Compile a guest list
- Book ceremony and reception sites
- If your wedding is a destination wedding, create and send out save the date cards.
- Start researching invitation styles you like
- Pinterest is a great resource for finding ideas
- Plot out potential invitation wording
- Gather all of the information you will need to tell your guests and decide how you will present this to them eg. enclosure cards
7 – 8 Months
- Decide on creation method (eg. designer, DIY)
- Order Save the Date Cards
- Meet with your designer to discuss invitation design
- Mail out Save the Date Cards
- Finalise invitation style and wording
- Have your invitations created and order envelopes
- Order any extra bits and pieces that will complete your stationery set (eg. personalied stamps or wax seals)
- Review your proof
- Receive your invitations and envelopes
- Create typed list of guests name and addresses
- Address your envelopes (this is usually a long process, so allow 2-3 weeks)
- Assemble and seal invitations
- Post invitations
- If you have a ‘B’ list of people to invite, this is your last chance.
- Organise with your designer to have place cards, seating chart and any other stationery required for your wedding, created.
- Contact guests who have not RSVP’d
- Submit final head count and seating chart to designer and caterer
- Finalise place cards and seating chart design
- Finalise all of the last minute details for your big day
The Big Day!
Enjoy yourself, take everything in and make your wedding the day you always dreamed of!